It's never been easier to create compelling videos and build a social presence on YouTube. At this year's Google I/O, YouTube product managers and channel gurus Dror and A.J. presented tips and tricks for making great content centered around raising brand awareness, raising money, and obtaining feedback about your products and services.
Don't worry if you missed their talk, we recorded it! So, sit back, grab some popcorn, and get ready to learn how to showcase your brand in front of YouTube's 800 million unique visitors per month!
Click here to view the slides from the video above.
Not sold yet? Well, have a sneak peek at some of the great material they cover below, and remember Dror and A.J.’s number one recommendation: make content, not commercials!
- Tips and Tricks
- Hook the user in the first 15 seconds (or they'll leave)
- Brand your channel!
- Make the most of your budget
- Review YouTube’s Trends for ideas
- Camera shy? Consider animation. (It might actually be cheaper than video.)
- Several successful channels focus on curating videos from their community
- Enhance your videos without fancy software/hardware using the YouTube Editor or other integrated web editors
- Many, many more...
- What's your goal?
- Raising awareness
- Master your PR via video (include all your features and make bloggers’ lives easier)
- Provide product/service demo videos to promote your company
- Tell backstories about clients using your products/services
- Raising money
- Add video to your crowdfunding pitch to increase funds raised by 114% (source: Indiegogo)
- Researching and supporting users
- Resources to learn more
Wow, you made it this far without watching the video? Did we tell you they fill the presentation with awesome videos that showcase their points (including Chuck Testa)? Nope!? Well, now you know, and you will definitely want to watch the whole thing!
-Jeremy Walker, YouTube API Team